Northshore Sculpture By The River
Artist Information and Registration
Sculptors Qld wants to offer all Qld sculptors the opportunity to exhibit in our 4th “Northshore Sculpture by The River”. This Exhibition has become a fantastic opportunity to showcase quality sculpture in Brisbane. We would like you to be part of this Exhibition. All sculptures are for sale.
This Northshore Precinct is a very popular area for families, riverside apartment dwellers and tennis players, with a café, parks, international food at Eat Street, and tennis courts on the site. The Brisbane City Cat delivers visitors right to the site and travels to and from every 15 mins.
Large Sculptures will be displayed along the riverwalk at Northshore Hamilton for 3 months. This is a fabulous opportunity to have your art viewed by thousands of visitors over this period. The pathway is lit at night, security controlled, and you can even design your own sculpture to be illuminated by LED.
If you need a professionally made secure concrete base to elevate your sculptures, we have 2 sizes of concrete plinths to offer you. Please enquire to email@example.com if you would like more information or to secure one or two of these for your artwork. SQ will cover the costs of distributing these requested plinths along the walkway once they are outlined in the Installation Map.
We are gathering Sponsorship support to provide some financial assistance towards the transport and construction costs of large outdoor sculptures. Depending on the generosity of our Sponsors, we will be able to inform sculptors of the level of support as soon as we have this information.
Sculptors Qld wants to give our artists the best opportunity to exhibit their quality sculptural works at this very spacious site, as we work closely with our business partners, Economic Development QLD (EDQ), CBRE and our valued Sponsors.
- NOW: We encourage you to start designing, and sourcing the materials you require to create large and small sculptures for this October Exhibition. Three sculptures per sculptor will be considered, depending on the availability of space.
- JUNE 30th: Entries open at sculptorsqld.org.au on this page
- AUGUST 31st: Entries close @ 5pm
- Exhibition is open to all Sculptors Qld members (join anytime via website www.sculptorsqld.org.au )
- Sculptors Qld has plinths for your smaller pieces that will be housed securely in the designed Northshore Shed for the duration.
- Public safety and security of All outdoor sculptures is a high priority. Sculptures will be selected on that basis. Click here to view our guide to managing risks. Please contact Ollie Hardt (who will be leading Installation of outdoor sculptures) at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require some special advice about your design or materials.
- Outdoor sculptors will need to have a current Artists Public Liability Insurance policy to be presented on the day of installation.
- Communication about the exhibition will be delivered to you via email, SQ website, SQ Facebook.
Please direct any questions to Julie at email@example.com who is coordinating this year’s superb exhibition.