Bump in outdoor exhibition
Thursday 8th June 2017 (9am – 12pm)
Bump in indoor exhibition/setup and installation
Thursday 15th June 2017 (10am – 12pm)
Official opening in Auditorium
Friday 16th June 2017 (6pm – 8pm)
Collection of sculptures
Sunday 18th June 2017 (4pm – 5pm)
Bump out and dismantle indoor exhibition
Monday 19th June 2017 (8am – 11pm)
Extended outdoor invitation sculptures selected
Thursday 22nd June 2017
Dismantle outdoor exhibition
Thursday 6th July 2017 (9am – 12pm)
Dismantle extended outdoor exhibition
Thursday 7th September 2017 (9am – 12pm)
By signing the entry form the artist acknowledges that he/she is bound by the terms and conditions of entry agreement, which the artist has read and understood at the time of submitting and signing the entry form.
- All entrants must be either a current financial, honorary or life member of Sculptors Queensland or an affiliated organisation. Membership is $80 (a $20.00 discount applies for new members). Visit http://sculptorsqld.org.au for details
- Late arriving entries and entries submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Members are encouraged to assist with manning the desk during the exhibition. Please indicate your availability with your entry form.
- Each Artist may enter up to a maximum of three entries in the Auditorium and three Outdoor pieces.
- A fee of $25 is charged per sculpture entered. Entry fee is not refundable regardless of whether the work is selected or not.
- Sculptors Qld. reserve the right not to exhibit work delivered late or deemed dangerous, offensive or unsuitable.
- Each entry must not have been previously exhibited in any annual Indoor/Outdoor Mt Coot-tha exhibition.
- All artwork must be original; solely the work of the artist; and completed in the 2 years prior to June 2017. Multiple editions should be clearly marked with an edition number.
- Indoor pieces must be able to be lifted by two people.
- Artist shall permit photographic reproduction without fee for the purpose of promoting the exhibition, including electronic and printed media. Entry of an artwork constitutes the artist’s permission for such reproduction.
- Artworks entered must not have won an award/prize in any other art competition.
- Winners of all awards except People’s Choice Awards will be announced at the opening on Friday 16th June at 7.30pm. People’s Choice announced Sunday 18th June at 3.00pm
- All artwork must be for sale throughout the exhibition. The total price must include GST (if applicable) and commission of 20%. Payment covering the sale of work will be made to the artist within 2 months after the closure of the exhibition. EFT is the preferred method and if not previously supplied, SQ will request you provide your bank details to facilitate the payment.
- Sculpture for the outdoor exhibition must have one measurement greater than 80cm and needs prior approval by the Mt Coot-tha Gardens management to be in accordance with their guidelines. Sculptures for the outdoor exhibition are to be installed, exhibited and removed by the sculptor in accordance with the Gardens approval or direction of Gardens staff. If on installation a sculpture is deemed unsafe by Gardens management, it is to be made safe or removed immediately upon being notified.
- Thursday 8th of June from 9-12am has been allocated for installation of outdoor sculptures. Mt Coot-tha Gardens will only accept work installed at this time. This is not negotiable. Staff will not be available to approve the installation of work outside these hours and any work arriving late will be turned away.
- The final location of each sculpture will be as directed by Mt Coot-tha Gardens. A designated representative of SQ will be available to direct artists to their site. Should your vehicle be required to drive into the gardens you must be accompanied by a designated representative of SQ. Any concerns or questions the artists may have during installation must be directed to the designated representative of SQ. Artists shall not consult with garden staff directly unless instructed to do so.
- The safe installation of the work is the responsibility of the artist. The artist is to ensure that the work is appropriately secured in position, does not encroach on pathways and is not in any way attached to plants or signage.
- Plants cannot be moved or pruned to accommodate the artwork and while the Garden Staff will take all care, they are not responsible for the safety of any sculptures on display. Any damage that may occur is the responsibility of the exhibiting artist.
- Artists exhibiting sculpture on the lagoon must provide their own means for installing and anchoring the work which may include inflatable or rigid water craft or waders.
- An ‘invitation only’ extended outdoor exhibition will be available to selected artists with approval from Mt Coot-tha Gardens management and SQ Exhibition Coordinator.
- All indoor and outdoor Sculptures must be removed on the agreed date.
- Any artworks that are not collected may be deemed by the Committee to be a donation to Sculptors QLD, and may be removed and disposed of by the SQ Committee as it sees fit.
- Insurance is the sole responsibility of the artist. All risk for the artwork remains with the artist, including the installation and removal of the sculptures. We strongly advise that artists entering work for the outdoor exhibition create work that is not easily removed, damaged or dismantled.
- BCC Mt Coot-tha Gardens and SQ and its members do not accept any responsibility and shall not be liable for any damage or loss to sculptures.
- Should any dispute arise for which no specific ruling has been laid down, the committee’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.